How to Shop for CBD Products in 2021
I: Significance of Terpenes
All terpenes present in CBD products have a positive impact on physical, mental, and emotional health. Terpenes present in CBD oil improve our health in three different ways. They overcome bacterial defense mechanisms, improve the body's ability to absorb useful chemicals through the blood-brain barrier, and enhance the effectiveness of cannabinoids.
II: What to look for in CBD product labels
When purchasing CBD products, we should look for a CBD label to determine the CBD amount and how much you can get with a serving. CBD products labeling must meet the specific requirements such as container front must have a principal display panel and occupies almost 40% of the cylindrical container. CBD label should contain the following information. Always check this information before shopping the CBD products.
- Brand name: The manufacturer’s brand name must display on the label.
- Intended use: What kind of CBD product is it; a drug or dietary supplement? It is necessary to determine the CBD legality, and all CBD products must contain this information.
- Product identity: Besides product container should be packed within a box, and the identity should be printed on the box.
- CBD Content: CBD content must display on the nutrition facts panel for beverages and food CBD labels. While for other CBD products, it will be listed under the supplement facts. CBD contents should be listed as per serving.
- Net Contents: It is the product amount in the container as CBD contents are measured by volume for liquids and by weight for solids. Such as a topical CBD cream contents are calculated by weight, and it must be printed on the 30% front label bottom and published on the principal display panel on the outer container. Besides, this must be printed information panel on the inner container.
III: Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum and Isolate
- Full-spectrum CBD: It includes all naturally occurring compounds of the cannabis plant, including THC. The full spectrum CBD derived from hemp plants contains 0.3 percent THC at the dry weight.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: includes all cannabis plant ingredients except THC or contains a tiny amount of THC that can be removed.
- CBD isolate: It is also known as Pure CBD and is separated from other hemp plant components. It should not have THC.
IV: What is an Entourage Effect?
An Entourage Effect is the phenomenon when different cannabis compounds are combined and produce a more significant effect that would not be possible from individual compounds. It is called the entourage effect, and terpenes and cannabinoids increase this effect and magnify therapeutic benefits. Similarly, THC and CBD work together to boost the benefits and deliver a balanced entourage effect by subduing negative effects.
V: How to tell CBD product contains pure CBD?
A pure CBD contains only CBD, unlike other CBD products. Secondly, it does not contain any THC, terpenes, or flavonoids.
VI: Popular/Reliable CBD Brands
- Lazarus Naturals is a famous CBD brand that offers a wide range of CBD products, from CBD oils to topicals and edibles.
- Secret nature is the world’s best CBD brand, with the most sustainable practices guaranteeing its purity. They infuse all CBD tinctures with natural flavorings, essential oils to provide the best experience. They offer affordable CBD products such as topical ointments, smokable hemp flowers, and hemp-derived flowers.
- For beginners, Cheef Botanicals CBD is the perfect option to start, especially the 300mg full-spectrum CBD oil is an excellent product of this brand.